Monday 6 February 2017

My Favorite Song

I love listening to music, so actually I like a lot of songs. But there is one song that realy memorable for me. It is Ayah (Yang Terbaik Bagimu) or in English it is Father (The Best For You) by Ada Band feat Gita Gutawa. This song was written by Krishna Balagita and was released in 2004.
So now, let’s take a look at the lyric:

Indonesian Lyric:
Teringat masa kecilku
Kau peluk dan kau manja
Indahnya saat itu
Buatku melambung
Disisimu terngiang
Hangat nafas segar harum tubuhmu
Kau tuturkan segala mimpi-mimpi
Serta harapanmu

Kau ingin ku menjadi
Yang terbaik bagimu
Patuhi perintahmu
Jauhkan godaan
Yang mungkin kulakukan
Dalam waktuku beranjak dewasa
Jangan sampai membuatku
Terbelenggu jatuh dan terinjak

Reff :
Tuhan tolonglah sampaikan
Sejuta sayangku untuknya
Ku terus berjanji
Tak kan khianati pintanya
Ayah dengarlah betapa sesungguhnya
Ku mencintaimu
Kan ku buktikan ku mampu penuhi maumu

Andaikan detik itu
Kan bergulir kembali
Kurindukan suasana
Basuh jiwaku
Membahagiakan aku
Yang haus akan kasih dan sayangmu
Tuk wujudkan segala sesuatu
Yang pernah terlewat


English Lyric:
Remembering my childhood
You hugged me and indulged me
What a wonderful moment
I felt like flying
By your side I could feel
your fragrance and warm breath
You told me all your hopes and dreams

You wanted me to be
The best for you
To obey you order
And stay away from temptations
That might misguide me
As I grew up
And not to let it
trap and bring me down

Reff:
God, please help me
To send a million loves for him
I’ll keep my promise
Not to betray his hopes
Father, please listen
How much I truly love you
I’ll prove that I can fulfill your wishes

I wish that the moment
Could be brought back
I miss that moment
To wash my soul
And bring happiness to me
Who’s always thirsty of your love and affection
To bring into reality all the things
That’ve been forgotten and left behind

From this song, we learned about the affection and love from a father to his child. This song also tells us about father’s wishes to his child, a father always hopes the best for his child, and a father always protects his child from anything that might harm his child, a father always wants his child to be a good person who listens to his order.

This song is also about a child who already grew up and in a moment, he remembered about his childhood memories with his father, and that memories made the child happy and also affected. He missed the moment with his father so much. He also promised to prove that he could fulfill his father’s wishes.

This song is very memorable for me because this song could bring me back to my childhood when 5 years old me sang this song together with my father. It was 11 years ago, but I could still remember the moment when my father and I practiced to perform in a family gathering event, and that night, in the event we sang together on the stage and everybody clapped. Remembering that moment, always makes me affected because I live far away from my father now.

Somehow, this song gave me such a spiritual motivation. When I burned out of school, I sometimes listened to this song, and I suddenly remembered about my father who worked hard for his family, and it boosted my spirit to study and to try to always be the best for him.

*Ayah (The Best For You) Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3MY4xV6MBw

No comments:

Post a Comment